Drawing on your feedback and requests, we have developed Sophos UTM 9.5. This latest update of our award-winning unified threat management (UTM) platform makes managing your IT security easier, faster and more flexible.
And, it includes new features for Web Application Firewall and our next-gen sandboxing technology, Sophos Sandstorm.
So, what does this update include?
Sophos Sandstorm Enhancements
- Datacenter location selection option for Sophos Sandstorm without relying on DNS based location detection
- Sandstorm activity reporting expanded to include email attachments for improved visibility
- Scan exceptions for Sophos Sandstorm to exclude specific filetypes from being sent to Sophos Sandstorm analysis
Web Application Firewall Enhancements
- WAF URL Redirection allows you to redirect traffic for a WAF protected URL to a different backend system or URL
- WAF protection and authentication policy templates were added for common Microsoft services for protection and authentication
- Configure minimum allowed TLS version to improve security
- WAF Proxy Protocol Support to use the client IP info inside the ProxyProtocol header to make policy decisions and improve logging
- True File Type Scanning enables you to block uploads and downloads based on MIME type
Management and Reporting Enhancements
- Download all UTM logs in a single archive
- Support Access with SSH is extending the existing Support Access feature
- 64-bit PostgreSQL Database to generate reports with big datasets faster. The existing database will be migrated without impacting any data.
- SNMP Monitoring of full filesystem to integrate UTM filesystem monitoring in regular SNMP based monitoring solutions
- Certificate Expiration Notification 30 days before expiration date via WebAdmin and e-Mail, giving you plenty of notice for certificate renewal
- RESTful API to configure Sophos UTM 9